Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Nonlinear solver did not converge in CFD module

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am performing a study where a rectangular body is rotated at a constant frequency through magnetic torques that are decomposed into force vectors. The forces act on a corner of the elastic object and cause it to propel itself in a corkscrew motion.

The object does not have the motion that is expected and fails to solve due to a convergence error. Point probe graphs for velocity and displacement show gaps and give NaN in the probe table.

I suspect this is due to a singularity error or a solver issue, but I am unsure how to resolve it to fix this issue. The file is attached in this post.

0 Replies Last Post Sep 6, 2022, 10:22 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Peter Lu

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.