Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

FSI of a Journal Bearing

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am new to COMSOL, and infact, the field of multiphysics. I have hands-on on structural and CFD separately, but never combined. I am faced with a new task of finding deformation and pressure profile on the bearing surface, for a certain bearing application.

I am not interested in solving the FSI module in COMSOL, but rather couple the independent, Structural, laminar and ALE modules, to get it run. I can think of refinement later. I have made a crude model of the actual assembly, with imaginary dimensions and loads. I have attached the comsol file that i am working on. It is just a 2D model, without the outer bearing, to get started with. I am still in the process of understanding the tool. So please bear with me and help me out.

Best Regards,

Binoy

1 Reply Last Post Sep 6, 2012, 9:21 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 6, 2012, 9:21 a.m. EDT
Hmm...anybody there...??
Hmm...anybody there...??

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.