Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Please help me in Microwave Plasma simulation

Abhinav MPCVD reactor simulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

In the model, first of all, I did the simulation for electric field distribution using EM waves, frequency domain (emw) in order to optimise the geometry. Once the geometry is optimised, I get an electric field above the substrate holder. After that, when I simulated the same geometry for the microwave plasma using the microwave plasma module, the position of the plasma was below the substrate holder, near the quartz window. Kindly clear my doubt about why I'm not getting plasma at the position where the field is strong. (Please see the attached jpg file below)

1 Reply Last Post Dec 16, 2022, 3:51 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Abhinav

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 year ago Dec 16, 2022, 3:51 a.m. EST

Hello Abhinav,

I am also facing same issue. EM simulation is going well and shows E-field on the substrate, However, Microwave plasma module does not shown the density profile on same location. It was near to quartz window only.

can we discuss this personally to get it undersatnd. You can drop me your contact or email ID. My email address is--- akash.rs.ece15@itbhu.ac.in

Hello Abhinav, I am also facing same issue. EM simulation is going well and shows E-field on the substrate, However, Microwave plasma module does not shown the density profile on same location. It was near to quartz window only. can we discuss this personally to get it undersatnd. You can drop me your contact or email ID. My email address is--- akash.rs.ece15@itbhu.ac.in

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.