Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Electrostatic Precipitator... Help!!

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello
I want to simulate an Electrostatic Precipitator.
In conditions of laminar flow field and electric filed, it is requierd how many particles are gathered.
However, in my simulation, the efficiency of deposition is around 90%, different with the real value of about 70%.
How can I modify this 3D model?
please help me^^

2 Replies Last Post Sep 10, 2014, 10:08 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Changho Han

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 14, 2012, 4:23 p.m. EST
Hi Changho - I'm also working ESPs. Did anyone ever respond to your question?

Are the particles dry or wet? Have you thought about reentrainment of the particles if they're dry? Real ESPs can have particles resuspended into the gas flow if the conditions are right (particle resistivity, gas flow rate), thus lowering collection efficiency.

Good luck,

HC
Hi Changho - I'm also working ESPs. Did anyone ever respond to your question? Are the particles dry or wet? Have you thought about reentrainment of the particles if they're dry? Real ESPs can have particles resuspended into the gas flow if the conditions are right (particle resistivity, gas flow rate), thus lowering collection efficiency. Good luck, HC

Posted: 10 years ago Sep 10, 2014, 10:08 p.m. EDT
Hi Changho,

I am also working on ESP.

In your model attached, is there any module solving for the space charge density? In literature, many research papers specify a surface charge density (related to Peek's law) on the surface of the discharge electrode. Is this point considered in your model?

Best Regards
Hi Changho, I am also working on ESP. In your model attached, is there any module solving for the space charge density? In literature, many research papers specify a surface charge density (related to Peek's law) on the surface of the discharge electrode. Is this point considered in your model? Best Regards

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.