Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

What is the equivalent of quasi-static magnetic field in Comsol 4.3?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I used the version 3.3 and 3.3 of COMSOL. Now I upgrade at 4.3 version. I need to use the quasi-static magnetic field module, but I don't find it in 4.3 version. Can you help me?

3 Replies Last Post Sep 28, 2012, 1:41 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 27, 2012, 1:48 p.m. EDT
Hi

if you are jumping from 3.3 to 4.3 it will be quite tough the forst days ;) But I'm sure you will enjoy the new features, once you have grasp the approach.

Indee a lot has changes, what I do is to check the depndent variables, unfortunately you need to select them first (but you can suppress them or reselect them before you click "finish". probbaly it's the ACDC MF physics you are looking for (solving for A), the MEF solves also for V is quite tough in resources, and MFNC (no current) solves for the magntic potential Vm

By the way I find now the 4.3 doc superiour to the 3.5, so you will find everything terein, use the search extensively, I find thats the quickest

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi if you are jumping from 3.3 to 4.3 it will be quite tough the forst days ;) But I'm sure you will enjoy the new features, once you have grasp the approach. Indee a lot has changes, what I do is to check the depndent variables, unfortunately you need to select them first (but you can suppress them or reselect them before you click "finish". probbaly it's the ACDC MF physics you are looking for (solving for A), the MEF solves also for V is quite tough in resources, and MFNC (no current) solves for the magntic potential Vm By the way I find now the 4.3 doc superiour to the 3.5, so you will find everything terein, use the search extensively, I find thats the quickest -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 27, 2012, 2:51 p.m. EDT
I need to open a 3.5 comsol file, there are any method to do this?
I need to open a 3.5 comsol file, there are any method to do this?

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 28, 2012, 1:41 a.m. EDT
Hi

you can only open 3.5a files from V4, so you need to open them first in 3.5a and translate them (save them. Normally with your v4 licence you can run a 3.5a, check with your local rep

But I strongly advice to remake the models in v4, as there are so many changes and the naming is different it becomes a mess ;)

But reading the 3.5a file in one COMSOL and cut&pasting them over + naming changes is the easiest way, you could also have them in 3.5

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi you can only open 3.5a files from V4, so you need to open them first in 3.5a and translate them (save them. Normally with your v4 licence you can run a 3.5a, check with your local rep But I strongly advice to remake the models in v4, as there are so many changes and the naming is different it becomes a mess ;) But reading the 3.5a file in one COMSOL and cut&pasting them over + naming changes is the easiest way, you could also have them in 3.5 -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.