Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Importing an image and creating a parametric surface

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello fellow Comsolers...

It's been a while since I have been on here, but I am back!

I am having quite a basic problem with creating a parametric surface from an image.

I create a global definition which is my image (at the moment I am doing a very basic image which is a white square with a black smaller square in the middle). I import the image and when I plot it, I can see that the image is coming into Comsol without any problems.

However, when I try to create a parametric surface I get confused and I'm not too sure what each of the parameters means.

Does anyone here have a working image to parametric surface example I could have a look at please? It can be very basic or more complicated. I would just like to see the image to parametric surface feature working.

Thanks very much for the help,

Rob

3 Replies Last Post Nov 26, 2012, 3:26 p.m. EST

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 28, 2012, 12:01 p.m. EDT
Hey everyone...

I have an image which works and I was thinking of creating a guide showing how to import an image and create a surface from it, and then create a geometry from it. Would that be of any use to anyone on here?

Rob
Hey everyone... I have an image which works and I was thinking of creating a guide showing how to import an image and create a surface from it, and then create a geometry from it. Would that be of any use to anyone on here? Rob

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 28, 2012, 12:58 p.m. EDT
Sure, go ahead!
Sure, go ahead!

Waranatha Abeygunasekara

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 26, 2012, 3:26 p.m. EST
Hi Rob,
I need to do exactly same. I need to convert an image in to a surface and then in to a geometry and still haven't figured out how to do it . Please do post your guide, it would be a great help for me.

Thanks,
Waranatha.
Hi Rob, I need to do exactly same. I need to convert an image in to a surface and then in to a geometry and still haven't figured out how to do it . Please do post your guide, it would be a great help for me. Thanks, Waranatha.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.