Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Heat transfer in porous media [ solid fuel simulation] and NOx concentration

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello !

I'm attempting to simulate a laboratory experiment.

It involves solid fuel pyrolysis (solid waste RDF) and monitoring NOx concentrations after one hour of burning.

For the tube furnace, I'm utilizing a simple 2D geometry, and for the sample, I'm using heat transfer in porous media.

I'm wondering how I can simulate the heat increase over time from 25 degrees Celsius to 800 degrees Celsius for one hour, as well as how to calculate the NOx concentration for each minute of combustion? (For the time being, I'm assuming heat transfer is by conduction and using the furnace walls as a heat source).

I have the pyrolysis reaction kinetics and the approximate analysis data for the sample; how can I create the sample In Comsol ?

I'm new to Comsol and still learning, And would be happy to provide further informations.

Thank you

"I've included a snapshot of the models I want to utilize."

0 Replies Last Post Feb 26, 2023, 9:52 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Ahmed Esaa

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.