Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Creep in V6.1

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi All,

Recently my institution has acquired version 6.1 of COMSOL with the Solid Mechanics Module. I've been working with the Creep formulations in version 5.3 for some time but the problem I have is that I can't find these formulations in version 6.1 (?). In theory once I open the model I go to Solid Mechanical, right button and I already have creep, plasticity, etc. But I don't have anything related to non-linear behavior of the material.

It's still a bit of a "silly" question but I can't locate this module.

Best, Andres

2 Replies Last Post Apr 11, 2023, 6:05 a.m. EDT
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 year ago Apr 4, 2023, 8:49 a.m. EDT
Updated: 1 year ago Apr 11, 2023, 8:47 a.m. EDT

Hello Andres,

Plasticity and creep are functionalities of the Nonlinear Structural Materials Module, which is an add-on to the Structural Mechanics Module; they are not part of the Structural Mechanics Module itself.

My guess is that your 5.3 license included both modules, and that your 6.1 license only includes the Structural Mechanics Module.

To check which modules are included in your license, in the GUI, go to File > Licensed and Used Products.

Best regards,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Andres, Plasticity and creep are functionalities of the [Nonlinear Structural Materials Module]([https://www.comsol.com/nonlinear-structural-materials-module), which is an add-on to the Structural Mechanics Module; they are not part of the Structural Mechanics Module itself. My guess is that your 5.3 license included both modules, and that your 6.1 license only includes the Structural Mechanics Module. To check which modules are included in your license, in the GUI, go to File > Licensed and Used Products. Best regards, Jeff

Posted: 1 year ago Apr 11, 2023, 6:05 a.m. EDT

Dear Jeff,

As usual you are right :)

I have spoken with my colleagues to request a budget for the calculation of nonlinear structures version 6.1 (two licenses of this module).

In the studies that I am carrying out at the moment, it is essential for me.

Kind Regards, Andres

Dear Jeff, As usual you are right :) I have spoken with my colleagues to request a budget for the calculation of nonlinear structures version 6.1 (two licenses of this module). In the studies that I am carrying out at the moment, it is essential for me. Kind Regards, Andres

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.