Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to set materials to geometric objects using MatLab?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am quiet new to Comsol.
I am activating Comsol server via Matlab interface.
I build everything using Matlab commands (LiveLink for Matlab).

I am modeling a system of one object (solid) inside another object (liquid) and solve for heat transfer (part of the solid is heated). I built three geometrical objects: the liquid (a box), the solid that is not heated (a cylinder with a missing part) and the solid that do heat (the missing part).
I created two materials - 'liquid' and 'solid'.
I can't find a way to "attached" the materials to the geometries.
The example in the help files - the 'Busbar model' present a similar task but solve it with some kind of selection which is not exactly explained.

How should I I connect each geometrical object with the material which it suppose to be made of?

Thanks,
Alon

0 Replies Last Post Oct 15, 2012, 11:28 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Alon Rozen

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.