Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

A point RF source for 3D simulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, I have a 3D structure and I want to excite the surface with a point RF source . Can any body help me how can I do this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Regards

3 Replies Last Post Apr 21, 2023, 12:46 p.m. EDT
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Posted: 1 year ago Apr 18, 2023, 3:22 p.m. EDT

Sorry, but that's insufficient information. First of all, there is no such thing as a true "point RF source" anyway. However, there do exist various types of RF probes and antennas, so maybe you are talking about one of those? Read your own question and think about it. Might you be talking about the RF from a cosmic ray striking a satellite? After all, you've told us nothing about your surface or your RF source. Is your surface, by some chance, a metallic conductor in air or vacuum? Might it be the surface of the Earth? Or is it, just perhaps, a thin film of oil on the back of a sea turtle, which is inadvertantly being irradiated because the turtle bit into an undersea communications cable? Only you know! Give the readers here a clue and maybe they'll be able to help you!

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
Sorry, but that's insufficient information. First of all, there is no such thing as a true "point RF source" anyway. However, there do exist various types of RF probes and antennas, so maybe you are talking about one of those? Read your own question and think about it. Might you be talking about the RF from a cosmic ray striking a satellite? After all, you've told us nothing about your surface or your RF source. Is your surface, by some chance, a metallic conductor in air or vacuum? Might it be the surface of the Earth? Or is it, just perhaps, a thin film of oil on the back of a sea turtle, which is inadvertantly being irradiated because the turtle bit into an undersea communications cable? Only you know! Give the readers here a clue and maybe they'll be able to help you!

Posted: 1 year ago Apr 21, 2023, 11:24 a.m. EDT

Sorry if my quesstion is confusing. I have a SiC substrate and I have excited it with EM filed. For the first step I put a port and excited the surface with TE field. For the next step I want to excite only one point of the surface to see how the wave is decaying through the surface.

>Sorry, but that's insufficient information. First of all, there is no such thing as a true "point RF source" anyway. However, there do exist various types of RF probes and antennas, so maybe you are talking about one of those? Read your own question and think about it. Might you be talking about the RF from a cosmic ray striking a satellite? After all, you've told us nothing about your surface or your RF source. Is your surface, by some chance, a metallic conductor in air or vacuum? Might it be the surface of the Earth? Or is it, just perhaps, a thin film of oil on the back of a sea turtle, which is inadvertantly being irradiated because the turtle bit into an undersea communications cable? Only you know! Give the readers here a clue and maybe they'll be able to help you! Sorry if my quesstion is confusing. I have a SiC substrate and I have excited it with EM filed. For the first step I put a port and excited the surface with TE field. For the next step I want to excite only one point of the surface to see how the wave is decaying through the surface.

Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Posted: 1 year ago Apr 21, 2023, 12:46 p.m. EDT

That's more specific than before, but you still haven't fully defined the problem. May I suggest you discuss this with a friend or colleague? Once you are sure that your friend or colleague understands exactly what you are asking, you should have an idea of just how much information you will need to share so that another person, who is unaware of the details of your project and/or research objectives, can actually know what you are trying to study.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
That's more specific than before, but you still haven't fully defined the problem. May I suggest you discuss this with a friend or colleague? Once you are sure that your friend or colleague understands exactly what you are asking, you should have an idea of just how much information you will need to share so that another person, who is unaware of the details of your project and/or research objectives, can actually know what you are trying to study.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.