Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to define substep in stationary study for cantilever beam problem?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have defined the cantilever beam with loading condition of 100N . In ANSYS I can find the Load-> substeps option For comsol How to locate the option? where can i find those options?

2 Replies Last Post May 14, 2023, 3:09 p.m. EDT
Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Posted: 12 months ago May 10, 2023, 10:45 a.m. EDT

As I understand it, you want to increase the load gradually to 100N.

The way to do it is to add a parameter, say Ftip, and use it as the value for the force. Then, in the settings for the Stationary study, you go to Study Extensions, and select Auxiliary sweep. Select your new parameter, and provide a list of values, for example range(20,20,100).

-------------------
Henrik Sönnerlind
COMSOL
As I understand it, you want to increase the load gradually to 100N. The way to do it is to add a parameter, say *Ftip*, and use it as the value for the force. Then, in the settings for the *Stationary* study, you go to *Study Extensions*, and select *Auxiliary sweep*. Select your new parameter, and provide a list of values, for example *range(20,20,100)*.

Posted: 11 months ago May 14, 2023, 3:09 p.m. EDT

Thanks sir But I have one doubt in structural mechanics (stationary study) while giving load to cantilever beam. I have to take displacement for all nodes generated from 0 to maximum load such as 100N. How to achieve that in comsol?

Thanks sir But I have one doubt in structural mechanics (stationary study) while giving load to cantilever beam. I have to take displacement for all nodes generated from 0 to maximum load such as 100N. How to achieve that in comsol?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.