Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Undefined Electric Field Variable with Charged Particle Tracing

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am trying to determine the trajectory of charged particles under an electric field from a geometry I have already simulated. When I try to simulate the trajectories under an electric force provided by the previously calculated field, I get the following error:

Undefined variable. - Variable: comp1.es.EX - Geometry: geom1 - Domain: 5 Failed to evaluate variable. - Variable: comp1.cpt.ef1.Ex - Defined as: ((comp1.spatial.F11comp1.es.EX)+(comp1.spatial.F21comp1.es.EY))+(comp1.spatial.F31comp1.es.EZ) Failed to evaluate expression. - Expression: comp1.cpt.ef1.Ex Failed to evaluate operator. - Operator: env_pgeom_cpt - Geometry: Particles Failed to evaluate expression. - Expression: env_pgeom_cpt(comp1.cpt.ef1.Ex) Failed to evaluate variable. - Variable: comp1.cpt.ef1.Ex - Geometry: Particles Failed to evaluate expression. - Expression: nojac(comp1.cpt.ef1.Ex) Failed to evaluate variable. - Variable: comp1.cpt.ef1.Fex - Defined as: (e_constcomp1.cpt.Z)nojac(comp1.cpt.ef1.Ex) Failed to evaluate variable. - Variable: comp1.cpt.Ftx - Defined as: comp1.cpt.ef1.Fex Failed to evaluate expression. - Expression: (comp1.cpt.Ftx-d(comp1.qx,t)d(comp1.cpt.mp,t))/comp1.cpt.mp

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. The electric field part of the simulation works fine and I have defined particle boundary conditions for all parts of the geometry.

0 Replies Last Post May 15, 2023, 12:51 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Aryan Prasad

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.