Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Graybody Radiation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi
I am trying to model radiation between two parallel surfaces in the heat transfer with surface-to-surface radiation physics.

I am currently using surface-to-surface radiation with user defined prescribed radiosities based upon hand calculations. If I use graybody radiation instead of user defined, I get no radiation from the surfaces defined as such.

Is there a way of inputting the temperature of each surface as a variable into the surface radiosity expression or is this supposedly done automatically using the graybody radiation setting?

The temperature of each surface is determined by a heat flux applied to a separate part of the geometry and condcted through to the surface in question. Resultantly the surface does not have an even temperature distribution, but an average such as probe average would suffice at the moment for this model.

Many thanks

1 Reply Last Post Nov 8, 2012, 9:00 a.m. EST

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 8, 2012, 9:00 a.m. EST
Have found what was looking for on the forum thread:
www.uk.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/17156/
Cheers
Have found what was looking for on the forum thread: http://www.uk.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/17156/ Cheers

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.