Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Implimentation of equatuion

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I want to implement "my own" physics into Comsol or change a physic.

How can I do that?

Thanks!

5 Replies Last Post Nov 8, 2012, 11:03 a.m. EST
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 8, 2012, 9:11 a.m. EST
Regarding solving your own PDEs/ODEs:

Chapter 15 in the User's Guide manual, version 4.3a, is a solid introduction to this topic. You will find tutorial examples, with step by step instructions, in the Model Library under COMSOL Multiphysics>Equation-Based Models.

Regarding solving your own PDEs/ODEs: Chapter 15 in the User's Guide manual, version 4.3a, is a solid introduction to this topic. You will find tutorial examples, with step by step instructions, in the Model Library under COMSOL Multiphysics>Equation-Based Models.

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 8, 2012, 9:14 a.m. EST
Hola,

Probably you need to implement your PDEs with PDE Interfaces.

If your physics is only different from those available application modes in several places, it's also possible for you to modify some expressions or equations in the available modes.

Cheers!
Hola, Probably you need to implement your PDEs with PDE Interfaces. If your physics is only different from those available application modes in several places, it's also possible for you to modify some expressions or equations in the available modes. Cheers!

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 8, 2012, 9:27 a.m. EST
Hi

Check the model builder option (specially if you are in 4.3a), else use the PDE "physics/math" nodes

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi Check the model builder option (specially if you are in 4.3a), else use the PDE "physics/math" nodes -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 8, 2012, 10:10 a.m. EST
Can I find the user's guide for Version 4.3 online?
Can I find the user's guide for Version 4.3 online?

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 8, 2012, 11:03 a.m. EST
The documentation is copyrighted and therefore cannot be made available online.
You can find it inside the software under the Help menu.
The documentation is copyrighted and therefore cannot be made available online. You can find it inside the software under the Help menu.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.