Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

abbreviations for physical parameters

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all;

I am learning comsol for specific models and found a potential of comsol for the models.

But, I am not sure how to input diverse physical parameters such as strain rate in the equation. For example, I want to implement my own rheology in the dynamic viscosity.

dynamic viscosity = constant1 * strain_rate^2 + constant2 -> Just like this.

In the manual, I found some abbreviations for physical parameters such as strain rate. But, can I see a list showing all the abbreviations for physical parameters used in the comsol? T = temperature, P = pressure, g_const =gravity so on. I want to see the list including all the parameters.

Please let me know the list if exists.

Thanks.

Changyeol

0 Replies Last Post Nov 14, 2012, 8:23 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Changyeol Lee

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.