Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Calculating reaction force on a surface

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I have given presecribed displacement to a surface in my geometry. I want to calculate reaction force (force required for that diplacement) on a surface, How do you calculate that on the surface selected and some other surface??

I did global evaluation and selected reaction force, however that does not give me the option to slect a particular surface where I want to calculate the reaction force.

1 Reply Last Post Sep 11, 2023, 4:02 a.m. EDT
Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 months ago Sep 11, 2023, 4:02 a.m. EDT

The reaction force under Global Evauation is the total reaction force acting on the structure. You need to add a Surface Integration node to calculate the reaction force acting on a certain boundary.

-------------------
Henrik Sönnerlind
COMSOL
The reaction force under *Global Evauation* is the total reaction force acting on the structure. You need to add a *Surface Integration* node to calculate the reaction force acting on a certain boundary.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.