Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Computing a single study many times with random initial velocity using scripts

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi there,

I'm currently working on generating a large amount of physics simulation data for a machine learning study. Specifically, I'm using laminar flow and heat transfer in fluids and aim to obtain training data for velocity, temperature, and pressure at each step. I need a substantial dataset that is generated from the same geometry and boundary conditions but with different initial velocity/pressure values.

I'm wondering if there is a script or command line tool that can help me achieve this. Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

1 Reply Last Post Sep 11, 2023, 12:12 p.m. EDT
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 months ago Sep 11, 2023, 12:12 p.m. EDT

This can probably be done in a parametric sweep. You can use the random function in the range definition of the parametric sweep. A JAVA method could certainly do the same and even more sophisticated but requires coding.

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
This can probably be done in a parametric sweep. You can use the random function in the range definition of the parametric sweep. A JAVA method could certainly do the same and even more sophisticated but requires coding.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.