Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

COMSOL Gallery Application ID 51821

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I was following the below mentioned example from COMSOL Gallery Induction heating of a moving ferromagnetic mechanical part Application ID: 51821

Here under the parameters frequency f is defined to be 1kHz. However, I couldn't find where is this frequency used in the model. They have used a 'stationary' and a 'time dependent' study. Neither of them takes the frequency as an input. They have not used any 'frequency domain' or a 'frequency stationary' or a 'frequency transient' study. So how are the feeding the frequency f to their model or solver. Could anyone help me?

3 Replies Last Post Oct 25, 2023, 9:00 a.m. EDT
Dave Greve Certified Consultant

Posted: 6 months ago Oct 24, 2023, 8:11 p.m. EDT

I don't do rotating machinery but I was curious.

If you delete the parameter f then Comsol can't calculate del_sat. If you then insert a number for del_sat instead of an expression then the model solves. I conclude that f enters only though del_sat (whatever that is).

I don't do rotating machinery but I was curious. If you delete the parameter f then Comsol can't calculate del_sat. If you then insert a number for del_sat instead of an expression then the model solves. I conclude that f enters only though del_sat (whatever that is).

Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Posted: 6 months ago Oct 25, 2023, 3:14 a.m. EDT
Updated: 6 months ago Oct 25, 2023, 3:20 a.m. EDT

It is used in the Equation section in the Rotating Machinery, Magnetic node, and also to define another parmeter del_sat as Dave points out.

If you have problems finding where a variable or parameter is either defined of referenced, use Ctrl+F to bring up the search pane.

-------------------
Henrik Sönnerlind
COMSOL
It is used in the *Equation* section in the *Rotating Machinery, Magnetic* node, and also to define another parmeter *del\_sat* as Dave points out. If you have problems finding where a variable or parameter is either defined of referenced, use *Ctrl+F* to bring up the search pane.

Posted: 6 months ago Oct 25, 2023, 9:00 a.m. EDT

Thank you Henrik. It is now solved. Also thanks for pointing out that Ctrl+F works in COMSOL. I did't know that. It would be very useful indeed. Also thank you Dave. This forum is amaizingly helpful.

Thank you Henrik. It is now solved. Also thanks for pointing out that Ctrl+F works in COMSOL. I did't know that. It would be very useful indeed. Also thank you Dave. This forum is amaizingly helpful.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.