Electrostatically actuated cantilever beam

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am conducting electrostatic pull in voltage study on cantilever beam, I am getting this error "Failed to find a solution for the initial parameter. Maximum number of Newton iterations reached. Returned solution is not converged. Not all parameter steps returned." in stationary solver 1. I have tried reducing Mesh size but it is not working.

3 Replies Last Post Oct 31, 2023, 8:42 a.m. EDT
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 6 months ago Oct 30, 2023, 10:25 a.m. EDT
Updated: 6 months ago Oct 30, 2023, 10:24 a.m. EDT

Hello Meet,

It's hard to say without seeing your mph file, but if I was to venture a guess, it would be that the first voltage applied is too large. Try ramping up the voltage more progressively. If that's not the issue, consider uploading your mph file.

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Meet, It's hard to say without seeing your mph file, but if I was to venture a guess, it would be that the first voltage applied is too large. Try ramping up the voltage more progressively. If that's not the issue, consider uploading your mph file. Best, Jeff

Posted: 6 months ago Oct 31, 2023, 5:56 a.m. EDT

I am doing pull in voltage study using stationary study using auxiliary sweep for Zset. in stationary solver i have Fully coupled linear solver as Direct, that is where I am getting the error "Failed to find a solution for the initial parameter. Maximum number of Newton iterations reached. Returned solution is not converged. Not all parameter steps returned. "

I am doing pull in voltage study using stationary study using auxiliary sweep for Zset. in stationary solver i have Fully coupled linear solver as Direct, that is where I am getting the error "Failed to find a solution for the initial parameter. Maximum number of Newton iterations reached. Returned solution is not converged. Not all parameter steps returned. "

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 6 months ago Oct 31, 2023, 8:42 a.m. EDT
Updated: 6 months ago Oct 31, 2023, 8:42 a.m. EDT

Can you please upload your mph file?

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Can you please upload your mph file? Jeff

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.