Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Modelling counter-flow mass transfer

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi !

I'm pretty new in COMSOL. I have a plan to model a counter-flow mass transfer in COMSOL 4.2. I've made the replica of dialysis model, which incorporate a concurrent flow of the dialysate and the permeate.

My understanding is, to switch from concurrent model to counter-current, I only need to switch the boundary (inlet to outlet, vice versa) in the permeate (in the model attached -> transport of diluted species 3 -> concentration 1 and outflow 1 boundary). Yet when I do this, the result is very weird, where the equilibrium of concentration is achieved thorough the model.

Does anyone know what is wrong with the model, and how to fix it ? I attached the model file below. Any help would be very appreciated !

Thanks a lot.

Farizan

1 Reply Last Post Nov 23, 2012, 1:34 a.m. EST

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 23, 2012, 1:34 a.m. EST
Whoops, looks like I solve this problem just by multiplying the velocity vector by -1, implying counter current velocity. Sorry for the trouble
Whoops, looks like I solve this problem just by multiplying the velocity vector by -1, implying counter current velocity. Sorry for the trouble

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.