How to extract physical quantity at a certain point, without affecting mesh of the model?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I'm simulating a Helmholtz coil set, and want to extract the field strength at a vicinity point which is very close to the origin. I tried to define a point in the geometry and extract its derived value, however, I found setting such a point will affect the mesh grid, and the model is not correct anymore. Does anyone know if there is a method to extract physical value at a certain point, without affecting the model itself? Thanks!

1 Reply Last Post Dec 6, 2023, 8:25 a.m. EST
Magnus Ringh COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 5 months ago Dec 6, 2023, 8:25 a.m. EST

Hi Dingshan,

Check the Cut Point datasets. Using a Cut Point dataset (Cut Point 3D, Cut Point 2D, or Cut Point 1D depending on the space dimension in your model), you can define points anywhere in the geometry. Then refer to that dataset in a Point Evaluation node, for example, to evaluate some quantity at that point (or points).

Best regards,

Magnus

Hi Dingshan, Check the Cut Point datasets. Using a Cut Point dataset (Cut Point 3D, Cut Point 2D, or Cut Point 1D depending on the space dimension in your model), you can define points anywhere in the geometry. Then refer to that dataset in a Point Evaluation node, for example, to evaluate some quantity at that point (or points). Best regards, Magnus

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.