Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Time consuming post processing

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I'm modelling light interaction with nanoparticle in RF module in frequency domain. I've solved model and exported it to Matlab. Then I was going to do some post processing, like electric field integration over the particle volume. It worked fine, though it took around 75 sec to calculate integral for each frequency (5 hours for all frequencies and I have to do it multiple times). I've used parametric sweep in order to change mesh depending on frequency, but integration time was almost the same for all of them, so it has nothing to do with mesh size in my opinion.

So my question is what might be the reason for such time consuming computations and whether it is possible to make them faster.

Thanks in advance.

1 Reply Last Post Nov 28, 2012, 3:58 p.m. EST

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 28, 2012, 3:58 p.m. EST
UPD

I've tested same model with significantly less amount of frequencies (10 instead of 250) and during the same post processing it took Matlab only ~0.8 sec to calculate each integral. So, probably, it's just COMSOL not optimized for work with huge amount of solutions.
UPD I've tested same model with significantly less amount of frequencies (10 instead of 250) and during the same post processing it took Matlab only ~0.8 sec to calculate each integral. So, probably, it's just COMSOL not optimized for work with huge amount of solutions.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.