Induction Heating Litz Coil

Deiaaldeen Mohammed Khaleel

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Greetings, I have built the single strand planar coil shown the the picture. and I need to make it as an approximation of the litz coil what to do ? can I solve the inductance of one strand and cosider it a good approximationof the inductance of the actual litz coil made of 59 strand? thank you in advance. [https://drive.google.com/file/d/16kRkN3z-0Y2pV_PbkDCk5yIotiS-tzla/view?usp=drive_link]

2 Replies Last Post Jan 2, 2024, 11:25 a.m. EST
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 4 months ago Dec 30, 2023, 12:24 p.m. EST

The single strand is probably a reasonable approximation for practical purposes. Difficult to assess how large the error might be.

Cheers,

Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
The single strand is probably a reasonable approximation for practical purposes. Difficult to assess how large the error might be. Cheers, Edgar

Dave Greve Certified Consultant

Posted: 4 months ago Jan 2, 2024, 11:25 a.m. EST
Updated: 4 months ago Jan 2, 2024, 11:23 a.m. EST

I can't look at the picture, it seems to require a password. Maybe just post the image?

I looked at modeling a Litz coil a while ago. Exact modeling would require a really large number of elements and I concluded it was not realistic. There are empirical expressions for loss out there (in the literature, and from litz wire suppliers).

(I'm surprised that litz conductors are being considered for induction heating, as cooling of the coil is usually a concern.)

I can't look at the picture, it seems to require a password. Maybe just post the image? I looked at modeling a Litz coil a while ago. Exact modeling would require a really large number of elements and I concluded it was not realistic. There are empirical expressions for loss out there (in the literature, and from litz wire suppliers). (I'm surprised that litz conductors are being considered for induction heating, as cooling of the coil is usually a concern.)

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.