Parameter Optimization with Evaluation Group as objective

Hendrik Mechanical Engineering

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am trying to do a parameter optimization (non-gradient based, so Nelder-Mead), and I want to use a quantity computed in an Evaluation Group as my objective ( computing this quantity requires running 2 studies, and surface integration).

Is this possible with COMSOL?

Kind regards

1 Reply Last Post Dec 30, 2023, 2:31 a.m. EST
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 months ago Dec 30, 2023, 2:31 a.m. EST

Hi Hendrik,

I don't think it is possible to optimize across separate studies with post processing quantities as objective. However, it should be possible to calculate the respective quantities by defining suitable variables in the running model. Also a surface integration can be done by a nonlocal coupling while the solver is running. Maybe a separate study is not really required.

Cheers Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Hi Hendrik, I don't think it is possible to optimize across separate studies with post processing quantities as objective. However, it should be possible to calculate the respective quantities by defining suitable variables in the running model. Also a surface integration can be done by a nonlocal coupling while the solver is running. Maybe a separate study is not really required. Cheers Edgar

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.