postProcessing for symmetric geometry

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

There is a 3 d model where only a half of it is simulated. One boundary is a symmetric one. How to plot in the postprocessing the whole model given the only half of it simulated?

4 Replies Last Post May 27, 2024, 10:25 p.m. EDT
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Posted: 3 weeks ago May 6, 2024, 11:32 p.m. EDT

You can create a mirror dataset, under results. Look that up in the Help system for more info.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
You can create a mirror dataset, under results. Look that up in the Help system for more info.

Posted: 3 weeks ago May 9, 2024, 10:21 a.m. EDT

thank you

thank you

Posted: 3 days ago May 25, 2024, 9:03 a.m. EDT
Updated: 3 days ago May 25, 2024, 9:04 a.m. EDT

Dr Koslover in a 3d half model, mirror data 3d can be used to plot 3d stuff. But when plotting 1d curves or 2d surfaces, mirror data 2d doesn't seem to work and there's no mirror data 1d even. How should I plot 1d curves or 2d surfaces by symmetry?

Dr Koslover in a 3d half model, mirror data 3d can be used to plot 3d stuff. But when plotting 1d curves or 2d surfaces, mirror data 2d doesn't seem to work and there's no mirror data 1d even. How should I plot 1d curves or 2d surfaces by symmetry?

Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Posted: 18 hours ago May 27, 2024, 10:25 p.m. EDT

Well, I just tried it and creating a Mirror 2D dataset worked for me. And it worked in much the same way as a Mirror 3D dataset does. So I suggest you post your .mph file and describe specifically what kind of mirror 2D dataset you are trying to build and employ, so that readers will be better able to diagnose why it isn't working for you in your specific problem.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
Well, I just tried it and creating a Mirror 2D dataset worked for me. And it worked in much the same way as a Mirror 3D dataset does. So I suggest you post your .mph file and describe specifically what kind of mirror 2D dataset you are trying to build and employ, so that readers will be better able to diagnose why it isn't working for you in your specific problem.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.