Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

convective heat flux magnitude

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi ,

I'm computing heat transfer from a rotating hot sphere in a fluid medium. The flow is creeping type.

I have issues related to the various COMSOL options for convective, conductive and total heat transfer. Is there any documentation about how COMSOL computes these quantities. For instance the "convective heat flux" gives a zero value while "convective heat flux magnitude" gives close to 20 kw. In principle the correct value should be zero. I even looked for this in the documentation but failed to find any. I would appreciate if someone can share some light on this.

0 Replies Last Post Jan 21, 2013, 6:02 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Vitor Fernandes

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.