Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Bezier Curve equation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

My model involves drawing a second order Bezier curve, and as part of it I have to be able to get the "Y" value on the curve for a certain "X" value. Normally that wouldn't be an issue because it's a matter of playing with quadratics, however the points calculated are close... but wrong. What equation does Comsol use (factoring in the weights) to generate to Bezier curve, or if that information isn't available, how can I go about mapping an "X" coordinate onto the curve.

Thanks,
Aaron Shifman

1 Reply Last Post Feb 26, 2013, 2:18 a.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 26, 2013, 2:18 a.m. EST
Hi

it has been in the doc back in 3.5 time I believe, so its certainly back in the 4.3 doc by now, but I must admit I haven't searched for that info recently

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi it has been in the doc back in 3.5 time I believe, so its certainly back in the 4.3 doc by now, but I must admit I haven't searched for that info recently -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.