Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Frequency Response Analysis

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Good Evening,

In my simulations I'd like to excite my object with a known force throughout a certain frequency range then have a FRF Graph of it with Frequency on the x axis and the Acceleration/Force .

I'm currently using a Frequency Domain solver and a Boundary Load at the point in which the force is applied. But my curves are too off if compared to the experimental one. Also the results for the acceleration vary from point to point and I believe that the acceleration doesn't vary because the object, even tho asymmetric , is being excited with the same force right in it's center.

I'd like to know what am I doing wrong , and what can I do to fix it.
The Y-Scale is in dB instead of Linear...I'd like to know if I can change that too.

For computational purposes my mesh is a normal-coarse because it takes too long for a detailed mash and I'm not getting not even close results yet.

0 Replies Last Post Jul 9, 2013, 9:31 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Victor Soares

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.