Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

vertices in Periodic BC

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

Could anybody explain me the real role of source and destination vertices in Periodic BC?

Does the amount of selected vertices influences only on precision or I MUST select all of vertices of a boundary each time?

Thanks in advance,
Alex

1 Reply Last Post Mar 17, 2010, 2:49 p.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 17, 2010, 2:49 p.m. EDT
this determines the orientation of the mapping from one boundary to other. I.e. you would select the vertices in different orders depending on whether reflection, rotation etc is involved. Also I assume the boundaries will need to be topologically similar or perhaps identical. Otherwise I am not sure whether/how COMSOL deals with it.

I think you need to select all the vertices in the boundary - not sure if you can get away with a subset.

good luck
Ozgur

Dear all,

Could anybody explain me the real role of source and destination vertices in Periodic BC?

Does the amount of selected vertices influences only on precision or I MUST select all of vertices of a boundary each time?

Thanks in advance,
Alex

this determines the orientation of the mapping from one boundary to other. I.e. you would select the vertices in different orders depending on whether reflection, rotation etc is involved. Also I assume the boundaries will need to be topologically similar or perhaps identical. Otherwise I am not sure whether/how COMSOL deals with it. I think you need to select all the vertices in the boundary - not sure if you can get away with a subset. good luck Ozgur [QUOTE] Dear all, Could anybody explain me the real role of source and destination vertices in Periodic BC? Does the amount of selected vertices influences only on precision or I MUST select all of vertices of a boundary each time? Thanks in advance, Alex [/QUOTE]

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.