Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

moving a particle through the laminar flow

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi
I want to simulate the problem in which a sphere moves through a fluid and study its time dependent profile
but I can't move the sphere anyway. I used the moving boundary condition for particle walls and gave it velocity, but when I animate the velocity the sphere stands and does not move.
I think it is performed by "moving mesh" or "deformed geometry" but I don't know how it is.
comsol V.4.3
can you help me?
Thanks!

3 Replies Last Post Feb 12, 2014, 5:02 p.m. EST

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 9, 2014, 6:24 p.m. EST
no reply?
it's very important for me
please!
no reply? it's very important for me please!

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 10, 2014, 6:46 a.m. EST
Hi Hojjat,
the moving mesh allows only to move the grid, if you want to perform an interaction between a solid and a fluid you should use the Fluid-Structure Interaction physics.
It has the equations and features for fluid-structure interaction, solving for the displacements, fluid velocity, and fluid pressure.
Have a good work.

--
Marino Miccio
Chemical Engineer
marinomiccio.wix.com/home
Hi Hojjat, the moving mesh allows only to move the grid, if you want to perform an interaction between a solid and a fluid you should use the Fluid-Structure Interaction physics. It has the equations and features for fluid-structure interaction, solving for the displacements, fluid velocity, and fluid pressure. Have a good work. -- Marino Miccio Chemical Engineer http://marinomiccio.wix.com/home

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 12, 2014, 5:02 p.m. EST
Thanks!
you are right!
but if you want to make a deformed 2D geometry in which a sphere moves freely within a rectangular, what would you do?
Thanks! you are right! but if you want to make a deformed 2D geometry in which a sphere moves freely within a rectangular, what would you do?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.