Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Conjugate heat transfer and flow through porous media

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
Im trying to simuate natural convection in a room (2D conjugate heat transfer). I need to be able to have a thin screen inside the room wich should be semi-permeable to the airflow from natural convection. Since I'm interested in both the heat flow and the airflow I use the conjugate heat transfer to simulate natural convection. Im now trying to couple this to a module for porous flow through the screen (Either Darcys law or Brinkman). What sort of boundary conditions should i use to couple those two? And also should i use Darcys law or Brinkman.

Is it clear what I'm trying to accomplish? Note that this is just a modell test for a bigger more complex modell. I need to use conjugate heat transfer in the screen as well since in the full modell there will be a heat source in the screen. The test model is attached and as you can see there are just wall boundary conditions on the two modules right now. Meaning they are not coupled what so ever in regards to flow if I understod it correctly.

Would really appreciate some answers

0 Replies Last Post Feb 25, 2014, 10:55 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Emil Gustafsson

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.