Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Positional variations in time-dependent study

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm trying to simulate a sandwich cooking on a pan. I want to account for flipping the sandwich every 1.5 mins, but I don't know how to account for this in a time-dependent study. Any tips? Think of the sandwich as a block, and the pan as a very short cylinder (pancake-like) with a diameter greater than the size of the sandwich.

Thanks!

2 Replies Last Post Apr 26, 2014, 5:24 p.m. EDT
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 26, 2014, 5:19 p.m. EDT

My first impulse was to start a discussion if it is appropriate to cook sandwiches. But more seriously: instead of moving things (flipping the sandwich) you might consider introducing a second pan on top of the sandwich and make the boundary conditions time dependent.

Cheers
Edgar

P.S. Why not cook a steak instead?

--
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
My first impulse was to start a discussion if it is appropriate to cook sandwiches. But more seriously: instead of moving things (flipping the sandwich) you might consider introducing a second pan on top of the sandwich and make the boundary conditions time dependent. Cheers Edgar P.S. Why not cook a steak instead? -- Edgar J. Kaiser emPhys Physical Technology http://www.emphys.com

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 26, 2014, 5:24 p.m. EDT
That's actually what I had done too! I don't know how to switch the boundary conditions in a time dependent manner, though....
That's actually what I had done too! I don't know how to switch the boundary conditions in a time dependent manner, though....

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.