Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Boundary constraints

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have multiphysics on the same cylindrical tube with two fluid flows, so I have variables (u1,v1,p1,logk1,log1) and (u2,v2,p2,logk2 and logd2). I want to set the inlet of the first equal to the outlet of the second. These are in the same Geometry.

I've looked at Extrusion and Projection but that seems overkill (I can extrude from the outlet across the domain and then project that down). Identity boundary seems like the trick but I they disappear when I select the different physics.

Thanks, John
p.s. What I **really** want are the Dirichlet conditions on u1, etc then correspond to an infinitely long tube below the domain, not an "inlet", so that when the fluid enters the domain then it doesn't change velocity or turbulent profiles.

0 Replies Last Post Apr 12, 2010, 7:10 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello John

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.