Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

FSI in New Comsol 4.0

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear Comsol Users,

I have a lot of difficulties getting my FSI models to run on the new version. Am I alone?
If anybody has a verification or a sample problem, I would appreciate ifr you can send it my way.
My new model library does not include any.

Thanks

TJ

12 Replies Last Post Nov 16, 2010, 11:33 a.m. EST

Posted: 1 decade ago May 6, 2010, 2:05 a.m. EDT
If you look I posted the same title last night.
No luck so far.
If you look I posted the same title last night. No luck so far.

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 25, 2010, 5:18 a.m. EDT
Did anybody manage to obtain a COMSOL 4.0a FSI verification or sample problem?
I am looking for a Rotating Machinery sample model solved with COMSOL 4.0a also.

Thank you

Paolo
Did anybody manage to obtain a COMSOL 4.0a FSI verification or sample problem? I am looking for a Rotating Machinery sample model solved with COMSOL 4.0a also. Thank you Paolo

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 25, 2010, 5:19 a.m. EDT
Yes, it is working. Just try the new fsi interface.

--
Comsol 4.0a
Ubuntu 10.04.1
Yes, it is working. Just try the new fsi interface. -- Comsol 4.0a Ubuntu 10.04.1

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 25, 2010, 5:24 a.m. EDT
Ok.
If you have a COMSOL 4.0 working FSI sample problem, could you provide me the model?

Thank you

Paolo
Ok. If you have a COMSOL 4.0 working FSI sample problem, could you provide me the model? Thank you Paolo

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 26, 2010, 4:55 a.m. EDT
I have to redo it, and I can only do it over the weekend, if it is ok with you.

--
Comsol 4.0a
Ubuntu 10.04.1
I have to redo it, and I can only do it over the weekend, if it is ok with you. -- Comsol 4.0a Ubuntu 10.04.1

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 26, 2010, 5:04 a.m. EDT
Yes, it is ok. Thank you very much.

Paolo
Yes, it is ok. Thank you very much. Paolo

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 1, 2010, 10:19 p.m. EDT
Hi,

Can I get a copy of the FSI model as well? I am having lot of difficulty in it.

Regards,
Susant
Hi, Can I get a copy of the FSI model as well? I am having lot of difficulty in it. Regards, Susant

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 16, 2010, 10:13 a.m. EST
Could anyone share a sample fsi model for v4. No luck so far getting it to work.

Thanks
Could anyone share a sample fsi model for v4. No luck so far getting it to work. Thanks

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 16, 2010, 10:13 a.m. EST
Could anyone share a sample fsi model for v4. No luck so far getting it to work.

Thanks

Sorry for double post
Could anyone share a sample fsi model for v4. No luck so far getting it to work. Thanks Sorry for double post

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 16, 2010, 10:37 a.m. EST
I thought I have posted the model here, but it seems it was a pm I replied (the forum needs to distinguish it better).

After the comsol conference I can repost it here (away from workstation), meanwhile you can upload your model and we can debug it together.

--
Comsol 4.0a
Ubuntu 10.04.1
I thought I have posted the model here, but it seems it was a pm I replied (the forum needs to distinguish it better). After the comsol conference I can repost it here (away from workstation), meanwhile you can upload your model and we can debug it together. -- Comsol 4.0a Ubuntu 10.04.1

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 16, 2010, 11:12 a.m. EST
Hi
Did you try to rerun the tutorial of FSI in v3.5 to v4.0?
I got lost with the new interfaces of v4
hung
Hi Did you try to rerun the tutorial of FSI in v3.5 to v4.0? I got lost with the new interfaces of v4 hung

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 16, 2010, 11:33 a.m. EST
I'm new to Comsol altogether. Got access to 3.5 but its a whole different game compared to 4.
I'm new to Comsol altogether. Got access to 3.5 but its a whole different game compared to 4.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.