Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Supersonic Expansion into a Laminar Two Phase Flow (UPDATE: Its somewhat solved)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

I am using Comsol 5.0 and I am trying to solve a problem in 2D which contains a supersonic expansion of CO2 (Mach 1.19) from 2 of 25 micrometer holes into a 6.35 mm tube where water flows laminarly with 0.03 m/s.

I tried to connect High mach flow tool into the Laminar Two Phase flow (phase field). I had lots of problems with complex numbers and I had to make them available. I am using Automatic Newton Damping with Pardiso solver. The convergence is gradually increasing usually at 1e-7, 1e-6 second of the time dependent study.

Could anyone who help me in here?

UPDATE: I can see the supersonic jet in the transient analysis however I cant see the supersonic shockwave? Any ideas?

Kind regards

0 Replies Last Post Jan 28, 2015, 5:24 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Emre Günerken

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.