Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to simulate Blend (Cut-Coag) AC source for RF Ablation?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone.

My name is Evan from Indonesia, and I am new to COMSOL. I am doing reasearch on RF Ablation modeling. I have some questions and I really appreciate if anyone can help giving me idea.

1. The RF generator I am trying to model utilizes a sine AC source, and thus generates sine AC current in between the bipolar probes. In this time I use the AC/DC module. If I want to define for example +/- 50 Volts (100 Volts peak-to-peak), should I define the two probes as an electric potential and a ground, or both as electric potentials with different polarity? Can I use frequency domain study to model this source?

2. The source for "blend" source in my generator is basically a high frequency AC, but has a period of activation (just like the concept of duty cycle). Let say for 1 second it will emit the AC voltage, the next 1 second it won't, then it will emit again, and so on. Any idea how to model this in COMSOL? or should I relate the function to MATLAB?

Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Evan Tanotogono

0 Replies Last Post Feb 2, 2015, 8:56 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Evan Tanotogono

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.