Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Parametric solver working on mesh sizes in Comsol 4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I want to do some mesh studies and I thought parametric solver can be a good option (mapped mesh). However it seems it is not forcing meshes to remesh before solution. Any ideas?

1 Reply Last Post Jun 5, 2010, 5:51 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 5, 2010, 5:51 a.m. EDT
Hi

Its correct that in V3.5a there is an option for force the remesh. It must be in there too, probably hidden in another model tree level, Have you turned on the options to see advanced features.

But perhaps its not yet fully implemented, which astonishes me, they have at least one examplewhere you use the "h" parameter to remesh and analyse the results with respect to meshing denity set as a parameter. try to find back that example

Good luck
Iavr
Hi Its correct that in V3.5a there is an option for force the remesh. It must be in there too, probably hidden in another model tree level, Have you turned on the options to see advanced features. But perhaps its not yet fully implemented, which astonishes me, they have at least one examplewhere you use the "h" parameter to remesh and analyse the results with respect to meshing denity set as a parameter. try to find back that example Good luck Iavr

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.