Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Materials Library Inconel 718 (New to COMSOL

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am trying to get the Inconel 718 material from the materials library on COMSOL 3.5. I see online there is such the material. How would i be able to access this file? If I can't access the file how can i create this material?

On google cache under Nickel Alloys I found it on comsols website.

webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:jAmYZgEMQQkJ:www.it.comsol.com/products/material/%3Fhighlight%3Dmaterial+Inconel+718+(UNS+N07718)+comsol&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

1 Reply Last Post Jun 5, 2010, 5:48 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 5, 2010, 5:48 a.m. EDT
Hi

If you have the material toolbox of COMSOL you should find it in there, if not there are many sites on the web as well as manufacturere that provide useful data, you can just enter the values from them, even build up your own temperature dependence of these material.
Matweb is also a nice place with a lot of data, usually they allow you to search a few materials, before they ask you to participate (=$). The annual fee is modest and compatible with most engineers budgets.

Have fun Comsoling
Ivar
Hi If you have the material toolbox of COMSOL you should find it in there, if not there are many sites on the web as well as manufacturere that provide useful data, you can just enter the values from them, even build up your own temperature dependence of these material. Matweb is also a nice place with a lot of data, usually they allow you to search a few materials, before they ask you to participate (=$). The annual fee is modest and compatible with most engineers budgets. Have fun Comsoling Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.