Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Solver Error

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

i got the following error:

NaN or Inf found when solving linear system using MUMPS (comsol 4.0)

Does anybody know why this error message can happen and what do I have to adjust in the settings to solve it?

Thanks a lot for your time,

Severin

5 Replies Last Post Nov 26, 2010, 5:45 p.m. EST

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 7, 2010, 8:07 p.m. EDT
Hi,

I am getting the same error when running an equation in COMSOL 4.0. The same equation works fine in COMSOL 3.5.

I too would like to know how to correct for this error.

Thank you,

Tyler
Hi, I am getting the same error when running an equation in COMSOL 4.0. The same equation works fine in COMSOL 3.5. I too would like to know how to correct for this error. Thank you, Tyler

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 10, 2010, 12:05 p.m. EDT
Hi Tyler,

i could fix the problem in defining my mesh size differently to the model I have used in Comsol 3.5a.

I also changed the setup of my problem, BC, and finally everything runs through and i get the same results as in 3.5a.

Severin

Hi Tyler, i could fix the problem in defining my mesh size differently to the model I have used in Comsol 3.5a. I also changed the setup of my problem, BC, and finally everything runs through and i get the same results as in 3.5a. Severin

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 11, 2010, 4:39 a.m. EDT

hi

i face with err below when I want to solve with static - parametric segregated solver. whats the mean ?
matrix has zero on diagonal!
can anybody help me?
tnx,
kamiar
hi i face with err below when I want to solve with static - parametric segregated solver. whats the mean ? matrix has zero on diagonal! can anybody help me? tnx, kamiar

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 11, 2010, 4:41 a.m. EDT

hi

i face with err below when I want to solve with static - parametric segregated solver. whats the mean ?
matrix has zero on diagonal!
can anybody help me?
tnx,
kamiar
hi i face with err below when I want to solve with static - parametric segregated solver. whats the mean ? matrix has zero on diagonal! can anybody help me? tnx, kamiar

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 26, 2010, 5:45 p.m. EST
How can i plot the wave propagation in the recpetion antenna ?
How can i plot the wave propagation in the recpetion antenna ?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.