Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

moving laser

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi,

I am beginner.
I want to simulate a model in which a plate is heated by moving laser (not a point heat source).
please help me giving some clue........

thanks in advance...........!

6 Replies Last Post Mar 13, 2011, 2:21 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello yogesh chukewad

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 9, 2010, 1:09 p.m. EDT
I know how to model laser heating, but I don't know how to specify that the beam is gaussian rather than a point.
I know how to model laser heating, but I don't know how to specify that the beam is gaussian rather than a point.

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 11, 2010, 4:01 a.m. EDT
Hi

simply replace your input field I0[W/m^2] by an expresion of "x", or x" and "y" in 2D.
à la

I0*exp((x-X0)^2+(y-Y0)^2/sig^2).

Where X0, Y0 is the cntre of you gaussian beam

Or whatever other expression that fits your need

Good luck
Ivar
Hi simply replace your input field I0[W/m^2] by an expresion of "x", or x" and "y" in 2D. à la I0*exp((x-X0)^2+(y-Y0)^2/sig^2). Where X0, Y0 is the cntre of you gaussian beam Or whatever other expression that fits your need Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Aug 18, 2010, 2:56 p.m. EDT
Emily:

I'm trying to model the laser heating with moving in a line with some velocity. I do not know how to model it can you please guide me? I'm a pretty new user of COMSOL.

Thanks,
Hitesh
Emily: I'm trying to model the laser heating with moving in a line with some velocity. I do not know how to model it can you please guide me? I'm a pretty new user of COMSOL. Thanks, Hitesh

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 1, 2011, 6:04 p.m. EST
Emily:

I'm trying to model the laser heating with moving in a line with some velocity. I do not know how to model it can you please guide me? I'm a pretty new user of COMSOL.

Thanks,
Hitesh

Hitesh
Emily: I'm trying to model the laser heating with moving in a line with some velocity. I do not know how to model it can you please guide me? I'm a pretty new user of COMSOL. Thanks, Hitesh Hitesh

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 2, 2011, 2:38 a.m. EST
Hi

have you tried a search on the FORUM AND on the KB ?

and have you looked at this one, it should give you some ideas, no ?

www.comsol.eu/community/forums/general/thread/14090/

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi have you tried a search on the FORUM AND on the KB ? and have you looked at this one, it should give you some ideas, no ? http://www.comsol.eu/community/forums/general/thread/14090/ -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 13, 2011, 2:21 p.m. EDT
dear hitesh,

You just have to replace x0 by v*t in the above expression stated by Mr. Ivar.
Still if u find some difficulty doing it, u can mail me at yogesh.chukewad@gmail.com...

regards,
yogesh
dear hitesh, You just have to replace x0 by v*t in the above expression stated by Mr. Ivar. Still if u find some difficulty doing it, u can mail me at yogesh.chukewad@gmail.com... regards, yogesh

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.