Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

laser frequency

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am modelling Raman scattering in version 4 (3D, RF module, electromagnetic waves). I cannot find where to enter the excitation frequency, which is important for the result. I thought it would be in 'initial values'. In the previous version of the software, it was in 'scalar variables'.

Any help would be much appreciated.

1 Reply Last Post Jun 21, 2010, 1:45 p.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 21, 2010, 1:45 p.m. EDT
Hi

If you have only the "emw" up, go to the "Study - Frequency Domain" tab. But you can also force it in the main EMW Physics node entry, under "Advanced" and replace the "Automatic" by the selected solver and "solver defined" by "user defined "50MHz" or whatever.
This is particularly useful if you have several physics with different solver types and COMSOL has some trouble to figure out which one to apply to which physics i.e. when coupling to heat transfer, when the RF or AC should be done at a given frequency, and the HT in stationary or time dependent way.

Globally, in V4, what you define higher "up" in the model tree is fixed for later "downwards", including when switching from the "physics" tab to the "study" tab.

This applies also i.e. for "Model - Probes" Plots, instead of "Results Plot ..."

Hope this helps
Have fun Comsoling
Ivar
Hi If you have only the "emw" up, go to the "Study - Frequency Domain" tab. But you can also force it in the main EMW Physics node entry, under "Advanced" and replace the "Automatic" by the selected solver and "solver defined" by "user defined "50MHz" or whatever. This is particularly useful if you have several physics with different solver types and COMSOL has some trouble to figure out which one to apply to which physics i.e. when coupling to heat transfer, when the RF or AC should be done at a given frequency, and the HT in stationary or time dependent way. Globally, in V4, what you define higher "up" in the model tree is fixed for later "downwards", including when switching from the "physics" tab to the "study" tab. This applies also i.e. for "Model - Probes" Plots, instead of "Results Plot ..." Hope this helps Have fun Comsoling Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.