Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Question on Blood Vessel example

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

In COMSOL's Fluid-Structure Interaction in a Network of Blood Vessels example on page 10, they have us type in -T_x_ns in the Fx edit field. I assume this is a dependent variable solved for by the Fluids part of the model and is coupled into the structure part of the model. I cannot find where this variable is defined. I searched all the manuals and nothing comes up.

I've got a similar model and COMSOL doesn't recognize that variable when I use it in that field.

Thanks,
Dan

1 Reply Last Post Jul 29, 2010, 4:07 p.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 29, 2010, 4:07 p.m. EDT

In COMSOL's Fluid-Structure Interaction in a Network of Blood Vessels example on page 10, they have us type in -T_x_ns in the Fx edit field. I assume this is a dependent variable solved for by the Fluids part of the model and is coupled into the structure part of the model. I cannot find where this variable is defined. I searched all the manuals and nothing comes up.

I've got a similar model and COMSOL doesn't recognize that variable when I use it in that field.

Thanks,
Dan

It is the fluid force on the structure, as defined in Comsol 3.5a. However, in new comsol it has its own new name, which you can try to find by plotting a line plot and search for the variable names list (total fluid force, or something like that).

Best,
Danial
[QUOTE] In COMSOL's Fluid-Structure Interaction in a Network of Blood Vessels example on page 10, they have us type in -T_x_ns in the Fx edit field. I assume this is a dependent variable solved for by the Fluids part of the model and is coupled into the structure part of the model. I cannot find where this variable is defined. I searched all the manuals and nothing comes up. I've got a similar model and COMSOL doesn't recognize that variable when I use it in that field. Thanks, Dan [/QUOTE] It is the fluid force on the structure, as defined in Comsol 3.5a. However, in new comsol it has its own new name, which you can try to find by plotting a line plot and search for the variable names list (total fluid force, or something like that). Best, Danial

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.