Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Exporting without Shrink Coefficients

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I have a model (Darcy's Law, pressure head, steady) composed of 830 sub-domains of variable permeability. When I try to export this to MATLAB via 'export fem structure' it only saves 525 values of permeability (but there are clearly 830 in the model). I have tried un-checking the 'shrink coefficient' box in the preferences menu but it has not corrected this problem.

I have a feeling that it is not printing subdomains with the same value of permeability. Any ideas to print the correct 830 values in COMSOL or MATLAB?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

2 Replies Last Post Jul 30, 2010, 7:39 a.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 29, 2010, 8:47 p.m. EDT
Hi,

If this helps, I just found out that there are 525 'unnamed' groups, so some values are being reused.

Thanks,

Paul
Hi, If this helps, I just found out that there are 525 'unnamed' groups, so some values are being reused. Thanks, Paul

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 30, 2010, 7:39 a.m. EDT
Hi

I wounder if you are not sorting on groups and not on items, similar items (sub-domains) are grouped into groups if they have similar properties, if you do not name them spcifically, they get default names. Check the doc, as there are list and list of list you need sometimes to use double or triple indexing to get to your items, whithin the "fem" structure

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I wounder if you are not sorting on groups and not on items, similar items (sub-domains) are grouped into groups if they have similar properties, if you do not name them spcifically, they get default names. Check the doc, as there are list and list of list you need sometimes to use double or triple indexing to get to your items, whithin the "fem" structure -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.