Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Phase shift

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello!

I want to stress a supported plate with 2 piezos. The aplied voltage schould be different and also the phase shift of both should be varied. How can i manage such a problem?

Thanks!

kind regards,
Steve

p.s. i am using V4

1 Reply Last Post Jul 30, 2010, 7:34 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 30, 2010, 7:34 a.m. EDT
Hi

A suppose you should start to state in which application mode you want to do your study, (stationary), temporal, modal ... these would require different approaches.

If you are in modal (what I suspect) then you must study the "phasor" in the doc, and how to express your modal frequency (of amplitudes V1 and V2 for the two electrodes) as a complex number to account for the phase difference.

If it's in time step then you have something like

V1*sin(2*pi*f1*t+phi1) and V2*sin(2*pi*f2*t+phi2)

Hope this helps
--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi A suppose you should start to state in which application mode you want to do your study, (stationary), temporal, modal ... these would require different approaches. If you are in modal (what I suspect) then you must study the "phasor" in the doc, and how to express your modal frequency (of amplitudes V1 and V2 for the two electrodes) as a complex number to account for the phase difference. If it's in time step then you have something like V1*sin(2*pi*f1*t+phi1) and V2*sin(2*pi*f2*t+phi2) Hope this helps -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.