Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Select boundaries inside geometry

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I use COMSOL 5. My geometry is a cube and inside of the cube there is a small sphere. To perform my model, I need to select the boundaries of the sphere. The problem is that I cannot select the boundaries crossing the cube...I can select only the boundaries of the cube...

Have you a method to select the boundaries of the sphere crossing the cube ?

Thank you for your help.

Kevin Bartoloni (PhD)

1 Reply Last Post Jun 15, 2015, 11:03 a.m. EDT
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago Jun 15, 2015, 11:03 a.m. EDT
Since version 4.4, by default you use the scrolling wheel of the mouse (or equivalent trackpad techniques) to select internal boundaries. You can return to the pre-4.4 selection method via File > Preferences > Graphics Window Selections, if you prefer it.
Jeff
Since version 4.4, by default you use the scrolling wheel of the mouse (or equivalent trackpad techniques) to select internal boundaries. You can return to the pre-4.4 selection method via File > Preferences > Graphics Window Selections, if you prefer it. Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.