Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How do i find the centre of mass in a circular shape on COMSOL?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I have a circle of radius 40mm extruded to a height of 4mm and divided into 8 equal parts or domains.

1. How do I retrieve the (centre of mass) for this shape on COMSOL?

2. How do i know the x, y and z coordinates of any point in this shape on COMSOL?

Thanks

2 Replies Last Post Jul 6, 2015, 9:59 a.m. EDT
Daniel Smith COMSOL Employee

Posted: 9 years ago Jul 6, 2015, 9:05 a.m. EDT
Hi Onyekachukwu, you can simply go to Component 1>Definitions>Mass Properties. This will add a feature which computes the mass, volume, center of mass and other variables for the domains or boundaries you select.
Hi Onyekachukwu, you can simply go to Component 1>Definitions>Mass Properties. This will add a feature which computes the mass, volume, center of mass and other variables for the domains or boundaries you select.

Posted: 9 years ago Jul 6, 2015, 9:59 a.m. EDT
Dear Smith,

Thank you so much, this helped a lot but...

Attached is a picture of my model and those sensitive regions have coordinates;

1. I would like to know where to read the values of the centre of mass.

2 Also be able to read the x,y,z coordinates of those sensitive regions like the second photo attached.

Thanks tons.

Dear Smith, Thank you so much, this helped a lot but... Attached is a picture of my model and those sensitive regions have coordinates; 1. I would like to know where to read the values of the centre of mass. 2 Also be able to read the x,y,z coordinates of those sensitive regions like the second photo attached. Thanks tons. [QUOTE] Hi Onyekachukwu, you can simply go to Component 1>Definitions>Mass Properties. This will add a feature which computes the mass, volume, center of mass and other variables for the domains or boundaries you select. [/QUOTE]

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.