Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Can I draw a curve cutline?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

I am doing an electric field simulation with Comsol 5.1 (ec frequency domain) for a 2D axisymmetric geometry. I need to calculate the electric field strength at both sides of a semi-conductive electrode surface. If I define an edge 2D under data set, the value of stress at the electrode surface will be the average of both sides. So I am trying to define two cutlines close to the surface at both sides. However, the electrode surface is not straight. How can I define a cutline as a curve?

Also I tried to define Bezier polygon curves in geometry close to the surface and define edge 2D along these Bezier polygon curves. But Comsol will treat these curves as boundaries and will result in very long mesh time. Do anybody have a solution for this issue?

Thanks a lot in advance.

1 Reply Last Post Jul 8, 2015, 2:25 a.m. EDT
Gunnar Andersson COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago Jul 8, 2015, 2:25 a.m. EDT
However, the electrode surface is not straight. How can I define a cutline as a curve?

Cut lines are always straight. Try with a parameterized curve data set instead.

[QUOTE]However, the electrode surface is not straight. How can I define a cutline as a curve?[/QUOTE] Cut lines are always straight. Try with a parameterized curve data set instead.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.