Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

heat transfer module-->fluid thermal interaction-->Turbulent non isothermal flow kw.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I´m actually using:

Chemical Engineering module-->Flow with variable density-->Non-isothermal flow-->k-eps turbulent model

I´m trying to simulate a fluid in a clod plate, with the heat flux going into the cold plate from the top side.
I have gotten to simulate the water in the channel.
But in the new model I have to intoduce a air channel between the water channels to decrese the heat flux between them (like a resistance).The air is not flowing is like a hole with air that does not move.
The problem is that I´m using the turbulent model for the water. Should I include other model for the free convection of the air?

I´m using the 3.5a version of comsol.

Thanks in advance,

A. Jenkins

0 Replies Last Post Aug 24, 2010, 4:10 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Izaro LL

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.