Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Fluid-structure interaction: silicon plate with hollow area, filled with air.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am trying to simulate a simple model (ver 5.1): a silicon plate and a hollow space inside where air can be found (purple block), with atmospheric pressure being applied. I want a vaccum around the silicon (Surface-pressure of 5 mbar around the 6 surfaces of the silicon block). Thereby, due to the pressure difference, the top and bottom surface of the silicon will deform.

I am trying to set the B.C.'s, but there are always errors. What do you think that I should set as B.C.'s?

Surface load for the Si block? But for the air area inside? I just want it that the pressure difference between the air (1 atm) and the outer vacuum (5 mbar), will deform the silicon.

I hope I was clear with the model description. I am also open to suggestions and ideas how to solve it.

Thank you a lot beforehand.

0 Replies Last Post Oct 7, 2015, 8:49 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.