Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Turbulent intensities

Navid Marofi Fathpour

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I need to model high Reynolds flow through cylindrical stems in 3D. Is it possible to get components of turbulent intensity as a result?
(As far as I understood, by selecting k-e model, turbulent kinetic energy can be defined "0.5(u'^2+v'^2+w'^2)", but I am not sure about the component of turbulent intensity (u',v',w') )

1 Reply Last Post Dec 15, 2015, 4:38 a.m. EST
Panagiota Theodoulou COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago Dec 15, 2015, 4:38 a.m. EST
Hello Navid,

You may find it easier to contact the technical support team to receive guidance with your simulation.

To do this, please log into your COMSOL Access account on our website: www.uk.comsol.com/access.

Once you have done this, click on the ‘Request Support’ button. This will open a dialogue box which will allow you to send your questions directly to our technical engineers. You can also attach model files or other documents to this request, which can help to provide our technical engineers with more information on your problem.

Please note, the technical support service is only available to those using a subscribed research licence or an active trial licence. When you create a case, you are asked which licence you are using, so please include the 7 digit licence number when submitting a case. If you are not sure what licence you are using, open the software and follow the route: File > Help > About COMSOL Multiphysics. This will open a pop-up window with your licence number.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Hello Navid, You may find it easier to contact the technical support team to receive guidance with your simulation. To do this, please log into your COMSOL Access account on our website: http://www.uk.comsol.com/access. Once you have done this, click on the ‘Request Support’ button. This will open a dialogue box which will allow you to send your questions directly to our technical engineers. You can also attach model files or other documents to this request, which can help to provide our technical engineers with more information on your problem. Please note, the technical support service is only available to those using a subscribed research licence or an active trial licence. When you create a case, you are asked which licence you are using, so please include the 7 digit licence number when submitting a case. If you are not sure what licence you are using, open the software and follow the route: File > Help > About COMSOL Multiphysics. This will open a pop-up window with your licence number. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.